As with any drug, ellaOne® has some contraindications. ellaOne® should not be taken by women who:
Always refer to the ellaOne® product information if you are in any doubt.
Situations where ellaOne® is not recommended
• Severe asthma treated by oral glucocorticoids1
• Severe hepatic impairment1
• For women taking CYP3A4 inducers1
• Concomitant use of EC containing levonorgestrel1
• ellaOne® contains lactose. Patients with rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption should not take this medicine.
• Breastfeeding is not recommended for one week after ellaOne® intake1